Fires strike two Valley Glen homes
  • buzai232buzai232 March 2

    Fire broke out Wednesday at two homes in Valley Glen, damaging
    structures at both locations and burning a man in an apartment
    building.Find the more breaking news videos
    from SHINE. An accidental apartment blaze burned a 55-year-old man, who
    was transported to a hospital in serious condition, authorities said.
    The injury fire occurred about a mile and a half away from another
    Valley Glen blaze in which a house had its chimney and roof catch fire
    the night before.


     


    The two-story apartment fire was reported at 4:38 a.m. Wednesday at
    6205 Fulton Ave., the Los Angeles Fire Department said. Fire personnel
    responded to one upstairs unit of a 21-unit apartment building and
    confined the blaze to the room before it was extinguished in 15 minutes,
    authorities said. The man, who also sustained smoke inhalation, was
    transported to an area hospital in serious condition, authorities said.
    The 14,041-square-foot building where the blaze occurred, authorities
    said, was built in 1956 and not equipped with optional fire sprinklers.


    The presence of functional smoke alarms, authorities said, and their
    role at the time of the fire, hasn’t been determined.Authorities said
    the cause of the fire was accidental and due to insufficient space
    between the man’s bed and a wall furnace that led to bed linens
    igniting.Meanwhile, at 7:23 p.m. Tuesday at 13741 Archwood Street, a
    one-story home had its chimney and adjacent roof catch fire before being
    extinguished in 28 minutes. Fire personnel confined the house fire on
    Archwood Street to the chimney and roof. There were no injuries, and the
    fire’s cause and amount of financial damage are to be determined,
    authorities said.

Добро пожаловать!

Похоже, что Вы здесь впервые. Если хотите поучаствовать, нажмите на одну из этих кнопок!

Войти Зарегистрироваться