Final Fantasy XIV's New Eureka Area Is often a Tedious Grind
  • sheliasmithsonsheliasmithson March 14
    The 4.25 patch for Final Fantasy XIV dropped currently, adding the FFIII-inspired Forbidden Land of Eureka location to the game. It really is a magical island exactly where players can group with each other and kill large numbers of Final Fantasy XIV Gil creatures for extremely small reward until they fall asleep at the keyboard.

Announced back in 2016 with all the Stormblood expansion and delayed quite a few times more than the past year and transform, Eureka is often a zone exactly where players can grind for powerful gear. Grind is definitely the operative term here. Once players comprehensive the brief introductory quest opening up the new location, it is all about killing as quite a few enemies as you can in an effort to gather crystals needed to create and upgrade strong new gear. There are actually no sidequests. No particular events, save the occasional spawning of a effective creature requiring a large group of players to take it down. It is kill, kill, kill, kill, fall asleep, wake up, kill some a lot more.

Eureka is really a significant map filled with enemies to kill and not substantially else. Players battle to increase their elemental knowledge level, a special Eureka-only progression mechanic, permitting them to fight extra challenging enemies and perhaps gather these crystals necessary for the new highly effective gear just a little more quickly.

But absolutely nothing about Eureka feels especially fast. Following a half hour of trying to battle enemies on my own, I'd created small progress towards the second elemental encounter level. The creatures here are tough, encouraging players to team up, but they are certainly not hard in an fascinating way. They've got more hit points and they hit tougher. They do not employ advanced techniques or require any sort of special method. It is just type a celebration, commence zerging.

I do not thoughts a grind now then, but it has to possess some thing exciting about it to help keep my attention. Eureka introduces an elemental affinity mechanic, enabling players to invest points to raise either their resistance or harm carried out to creatures of related or opposing elements. That sounded intriguing, but in practice it feels like an unnecessary complication. Getting to swap your elemental affinity to fire to accomplish a lot more damage to an ice-aligned creature doesn't make a tedious battle any less tedious. Invest in FFXIV Gil online.

So yeah, that is not fun at all, and tons of players around the game's Reddit and official forums agree. There are many exciting points to perform in Final Fantasy XIV. The Forbidden Land of Eureka isn't one of them.

Добро пожаловать!

Похоже, что Вы здесь впервые. Если хотите поучаствовать, нажмите на одну из этих кнопок!

Войти Зарегистрироваться