Why Foreign Missions?
  • zaborshhikovnilzaborshhikovnil January 6
    Foreign missions typically involve time and effort, money, and stress. Why bother? I believe the answer is quite simple.
    But first of all, some causes of cross culture ministry that are not good enough:

Folks are planning to hell.
    Christianity is the only true thought process.
    God can't get visitors to heaven without my help.

The fact is, every one of the human sympathy and compassion a person can muster up for eternally damned souls doesn't make the grade. If the grounds for missions is feeling bad for other people, its based on ourselves. Its humanistic. When we work from that basis, it is not hard to feel angry at God for allowing people to head to hell.

The true cause for missions is simple. Jesus told us to do it. It really is obedience, pure as well as simple. Needless to say compassion for the lost and a need to see God glorified strengthen our serve. However, if results are not forth coming, the surer foundation is straightforward obedience. As I'll explain simply II, which is awesome.

Put that way, the call to missions may seem mundane or negative. Yet for me personally, the alternative holds true. Its freeing.

Lets say you go onto the field and zilch happens. You have no new converts and no fast progress within the language. The showers are cold and also the nationals mostly just irritate you. Actually, you've got no idea what you'll devote your newsletter that month to keep your supporters supportive. Have you been a negative missionary?

Or maybe you are experiencing phenomenal success. Its obvious to every one that you are a missionary guru. Really the only problem you have you are able to keep your pride under control.

In both cases, if the call to missions is really a call being compassionate or successful, your value being a missionary fluctuates using the success of your mission. When the call to missions is a call to simple obedience, however, the pressure is off. In the event you succeed, God gets the glory. Should you fail outwardly, you've got no regrets.

My assurance of God's smile arises from realizing that through his power, I'm doing what he says. The remainder is in his hands. Now that's awesome!

One other reason this theology of missions strikes me as Biblical, would it be lends itself to a God centered approach to missions.

Simple obedience provides the idea of as a follower. We realize in the shepherd and sheep analogy that Jesus used, that this is on track.

As a follower has some important ramifications. Consider any large and successful organization, whether it is mega churches, corporations, or countries. Who gets the glory? Who is in the spotlight? Could it be the 1000s of lay members, employees, or citizens? Generally, the first choice will be the one due to the credit. This is exactly what we would like within our mission work. We want our Leader to obtain the credit. It is therefore critical that God is our leader.

It appears ludicrous that individuals might see ourselves since the real leader and God the actual follower. I understand we wouldn't say that, but look at this scenario. You choose to contact the poor individuals your city. So that you gather along with your associates and plan a technique. You enhance the necessary funds and seek information on poverty alleviation. About the morning of your first real outreach you hold a hurried prayer time prior to on with the true work. Who was the actual leader here?

Granted, there are times by which we now have ideas and that we bring these ideas to our Leader to find out whether he approves. My point is not that we have to not be creative or lack initiative. Followers should have both. My point is that missions must stay solidly anchored to the truth that God may be the person who is accomplishing his work. Whenever we think that missions is mostly in what we're doing, its time to check looking for another reality briefing.

I'm convicted while i write this. The objective of this web site is to expand the country of God by connecting and inspiring those that hear the decision to missions. Easily think for just one moment will through my own, person

Добро пожаловать!

Похоже, что Вы здесь впервые. Если хотите поучаствовать, нажмите на одну из этих кнопок!

Войти Зарегистрироваться